Hit The Ground Running With Paleo Diet Resolutions For The New Year
Hello everyone. This is my very first post for year 2013 and boy, what a journey it has been! So how far along are you with your Paleo diet journey?
Is it an off and on time for you? Or maybe you are ready to take it to a whole new level?
In the past, I have given you numerous transition tips – from dealing with Paleo diet roadblocks and what you can do about them to providing you with breakfast, snack and holiday entertaining Paleo diet ideas.
So now, in celebration of the New Year and in preparing of meeting new challenges, here are some tips on how you can fortify your Paleo diet resolve and hit the ground running on your journey towards getting that body that you deserve.
Go Slow And Steady
Since its New Year, you, like a great number of people may have been pumped up to make some bold resolutions to eat right. If you are in the transition stage, it is generally best to stick to making a slow and steady transition focusing on adapting and achieving one goal at a time. Why not consider starting with the following:
- Commit to adding a piece of fresh produce to your lunch daily.
- Commit to eating fish once a day.
- Commit to ditching chips and preparing healthy snacks.
Drink Up To Life
Water, it’s cheap, free of fat and rejuvenates the body. It’s something that our body badly needs to function properly and yet, drinking 8 glasses of water a day seems to be daunting for many. Here are some tips:
- Make it a point to drink water first time in the morning, before you do anything else.
- Tempted to drink a glass of wine or open a can of soda, drink water before caving in to temptation.
- Resolve to drinking water before and after meals and break times.
Add Color To Your Dishes
When doing your grocery, choose to add colorful produce into your weekly purchase as they are known to be packed with powerful disease fighting compounds. Make it a point to add more colors into your meals.
Get Rid Of Your Mindless Munching Habit
Whether you are watching DVD or talking to friends, it can be all too easy to lose track of how much you have managed to nibble. Here are some tips to eliminate this bad habit:
- Chew a gum or a sugar-free mint in your mouth
- Keep your hands busy by holding a cup of tea or glass of water
- Brush or floss your teeth before hitting the couch
Adapt an Exercise Routine
Even religiously sticking to a Paleo diet can only take you so much. Your body does not need nourishment but also exercise. Here are some great tips to keep your body fit:
- Commit to moving at least 30 minutes in a day, whether it’s a walk, cleaning the car or enjoying afternoon hikes – anything that can get the blood pumping.
- Undergo all the necessary tests such as prostrate exams, cholesterol checks, pap smears – the works.
- Give yourself enough time to rest and sleep to allow your body to recharge and best cope with stress.
So there you have it. Those were not exactly complex or overly ambitious, right? But when you start incorporating these small resolutions to your Paleo diet goals, you can definitely look forward to achieving that healthier, leaner and fitter version of you.