Hello everyone. I hope you have enjoyed the series of tips I have published on transitioning to Paleo diet food. This article is yet another addition to the series. I am hoping that through these tips, you will be able to make an easier transition to a healthier lifestyle.
Fuss-Free Paleo Diet Food Transition – Is It Possible?
I have tried a couple of diet plans in the past, and if there is one major obstacle that makes it difficult to stick to it is the need to make changes.
As humans, we don’t readily adapt to change, especially if it is perceived to cause additional work, hassle or expense.
Since Paleo diet is not a short-term weight loss plan that you can get on and off as you wish, it is important that you are able to find a way to seamlessly incorporate Paleo diet food into your existing lifestyle, all without making major disruptions and inconvenience on your part.
The goal here is to help you make the transition easier, so it can become a permanent diet that you can adapt and not a temporary one.
In the previous articles, I have already tackled the issue on budget issues and easy transition tips. In the hopes of providing you all the important information you need, this article will focus on Paleo diet food preparation.
Making Paleo Diet Food More Convenient
In a perfect world, we have more time to prepare and enjoy meals in leisure, without the care of the passing time or the pending errands one needs to attend to. But as we all know, the demands of the modern world and lifestyle tends to pull and push from every direction. This often forces us to eat meals while on the go – which is one of the key reasons why fastfood and food takeouts continue to be popular.
But I trust that given the fact that you are spending time to read Paleo tips, you have recognized the fact that eating MSG-rich takeouts and sugar-laden and highly processed food products is not the way to best diet.
But all too often, when you are tired, hungry, frustrated and stressed (as most of us are), it becomes very difficult not to take the easy and more convenient solution instead of dragging yourself to the kitchen and preparing a dish from scratch.
But the thing is, you don’t really need to prepare everything from scratch for every single meal – that is not only impractical, it can be tiring and expensive for you.
Paleo Diet Food Convenient Cooking Tips
Here are some tips to help you:
- Create a meal plan. If you will take time to come up with a weekly mean plan, it can be easier for you to come up with a grocery list and make preparations ahead of time.
- Buy large amounts of protein. Consider purchasing your meat in bulk that you can use for preparing steak and other Paleo diet food recipes. Plan your meals around your meat and explore different creative ways to prepare them. When storing them in your freezer, make sure to portion your food in plastic containers or ziplock bags so you will only pull out portions you will need.
- Consider purchasing your vegetables in bulk. Choose to store larger amounts of veggies that can last for a week, such as carrots, cauliflower, brocolli, asparagus, brussels, etc. You can portion your veggies before storing them in the fridge. This way, you can just conveniently take out portions needed to create simple meals using frozen veggies.
- Cook food in large portions. Determine certain days when your schedule can allow you to prepare meals. You can consider cooking roast that can last for several days then divide them into portions. You can then use the roast for different recipes. Make sure to also double or triple the portions of your recipes so you can simply re-heat food when you are on the go.
- Boil a dozen of eggs for a full week supply. As you already know, eggs are great sources of protein. You can boil them by the dozen every week, so you can conveniently add one or two in your recipes and meal. This can help you save time during preparation. This can be a real lifesaver when you don’t have time to prepare a full meal.
- Prepare your condiments, sauces and dressings ahead of time. Since you don’t have easy access to Paleo-friendly products, and most needs to be prepared from scratch, save yourself time by preparing and storing them in batches so you have a supply ready when you need it.
- Make a large supply of soups and freeze. Make a large batch of soup you can use for a full week. Allow it to cool before you pour it on paper cups to freeze. If you are living alone, portion your soups accordingly. When you need soup, you simply re-heat it.
Do you have additional tips to add to the list? I’m sure you do! I would love to hear them.